If you love dogs and enjoy being outside, Concord, California is a dream come true for you and your canine companion! Concord, located in the heart of the San Francisco Bay Area, has a plethora of paths ideal for dog owners looking to experience the great outdoors with their canine companions. Concord has it everything, from peaceful lakeside strolls to strenuous mountain excursions. We’ll take you on a virtual tour of some of the most dog-friendly trails in Concord, California, in this dog lover’s guide to trails.
How To Get To Concord, California
Getting to Concord, California is easy, as it is conveniently located in the San Francisco Bay Area and well-connected by various transportation options.
The nearest major airport to Concord is the Oakland International Airport (OAK), located about 30 miles southwest of Concord. From the airport, you can rent a car, take a shuttle, or use public transportation to get to Concord.
Concord is easily accessible by car, as it is located at the junction of several major highways, including Interstate 680, Highway 242, and Highway 4. If you’re driving from the San Francisco Bay Area, you can take Interstate 680 North or Highway 24 East to reach Concord. If you’re coming from other parts of California or neighboring states, you can connect to the major highways that lead to Concord.
By Public Transportation:
Concord is well-served by public transportation options, including trains and buses. The Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) system has a station in Concord, making it easy to reach the city from other parts of the San Francisco Bay Area. There are several bus lines operated by the County Connection that connect Concord with other cities in Contra Costa County.
Concord also has an Amtrak station, which is served by the Capitol Corridor train that runs between San Jose and Auburn, with stops in several major cities in between, including San Francisco and Sacramento. This provides another convenient option for travelers coming from different parts of California.
Once you’re in Concord, getting around is easy with a car, as the city has well-maintained roads and ample parking options. Additionally, Concord has a network of bike lanes and trails, making it bicycle-friendly. Public transportation, such as buses and the BART, is also available for getting around within the city and to nearby areas.
Pets Are Welcome Here
There’s no need to board or leave your best friend at home when many Concord hotels, restaurants, parks, and trails welcome four-legged visitors. With some planning, you and your travel buddy may have a great time from sunrise to sunset.
The 126-acre Newhall Community Park includes The Paw Patch, a large, enclosed dog park. Supervised dogs can go off-leash six days a week from sunrise to sunset. (closed Wednesdays for maintenance). Each owner is allowed two dogs, and they must clean up after them. Dogs weighing less than 30 pounds are accepted in the small dog portion and are welcome in the larger dog play area at the discretion of their owner.
Travel Tips And Things To Know About Concord, California
Whether you’re planning a visit for business or leisure, there are plenty of travel tips and things to know to make your trip to Concord a memorable one. From its rich history and diverse culture to its outdoor adventures and local cuisine, Concord has something for everyone.
- Discover The Rich History Of Concord: Concord has a fascinating history that dates back to the early 1800s. It was a key hub during the California Gold Rush and later became a thriving agricultural and industrial center. Today, you can explore Concord’s history by visiting historical landmarks such as the Concord Museum, which houses artifacts and exhibits that showcase the city’s past. Don’t miss the chance to learn about the indigenous peoples who first inhabited the area and the city’s contributions to California’s rich heritage.
- Explore The Great Outdoors: Concord is surrounded by natural beauty, making it a haven for outdoor enthusiasts. Take a hike in the nearby Mount Diablo State Park, which offers breathtaking panoramic views of the Bay Area. If you prefer a leisurely stroll, check out the Contra Costa Canal Trail or the Lime Ridge Open Space, where you can enjoy scenic walks and bird-watching. Concord also has numerous parks and green spaces, perfect for picnics, sports, and family fun.
- Savor The Local Cuisine: Concord boasts a diverse culinary scene that caters to all tastes. From casual diners to upscale restaurants, you’ll find an array of options for dining out. Don’t miss the opportunity to try some of the local favorites, such as fresh seafood, farm-to-table cuisine, and international flavors from around the world. Concord is also home to a thriving craft beer scene, with local breweries offering unique and delicious brews.
- Get Culturally Enriched: Concord is a melting pot of diverse cultures, and you can experience this through its various cultural institutions and events. Visit the Concord Pavilion, an outdoor amphitheater that hosts concerts and events throughout the year. Check out the Todos Santos Plaza, a vibrant hub for community events and cultural festivals. You can also explore the city’s public art installations, which reflect the diversity and creativity of the local community.
- Experience Family-Friendly Fun: Concord is a great destination for families, with plenty of activities to keep kids of all ages entertained. Explore the Lindsay Wildlife Experience, a unique wildlife rehabilitation and education center where kids can learn about local wildlife up close. Visit the Six Flags Hurricane Harbor Concord, a thrilling water park that offers slides, wave pools, and more. Concord also has numerous playgrounds, parks, and family-friendly events throughout the year.
- Stay Safe And Be Mindful Of The Weather: Concord has a Mediterranean climate with hot, dry summers and mild, wet winters. Be prepared for the weather and make sure to pack accordingly, especially during the summer months when temperatures can soar. Stay hydrated and use sunscreen when spending time outdoors.
Overall, Concord is a vibrant city with plenty to offer travelers. Whether you’re interested in outdoor recreation, entertainment, or simply exploring the Bay Area, Concord has more
Concord, California is blessed with some of the area’s most gorgeous hiking trails you’ve just got to see to believe. Here’s a list of some of our favorites:
- Ohlone Trail Parking (Lime Ridge)
- Markham Nature Area
- Black Diamond Hiking Trail Near Oakhurst
- Iron Horse Trail
- Contra Costa Canal Trail
- Lime Ridge Open Space
- Paraiso Trail Head
- Las Juntas Open Space
- Diablo State Park
All of these wonderful schools are located just a short distance from our location at 2342 Stanwell Circle in Concord! Stop by for a visit anytime!